Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Definition of Irony: The Pitch

I panic and freeze when I have to write a pitch. I can write 10,000 words on a draft story over a weekend without breaking a sweat. Writing a 300 word pitch is torture.

That is why I started on my pitch for ABNA 2010 in October 2009. So far I have spent a total of probably 16 hours, and have written three alternative versions, all of which are crap. Maybe, I'll have something I can use by February 2010.

I'll work on it again in December. Right now I'm devoting all my writing time on my NaNoWriMo novel. Come to think of it, that may be why I love NaNoWriMo so much: it gives me the excuse to revel in the joy of writing new content (which I love to do) and to avoid doing the marketing and other work (which I do not enjoy).

Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment