Sunday, December 6, 2009

NaNoWriMo - Post Mortem - What Now?

My NaNoWriMo story, Merlin's Daughters, is simmering on the back burner. It remains to be see if it will ever see the light of day again.

I don't want to get back into In All The Earth right before the holidays (I have an idea of the really dark place it's headed and that is definitely not someplace I need to be during the Holidays: I'm enough of a Grinch at Christmas under the best of circumstances). I also don't want to get too deeply involved in a long project in the event Amazon decides to have another Breakout Novel competition. I've already written the story I intend to enter, but I'll want to do some spitting-and-polishing up until submission time.

So, I think I'll spend the next few weeks getting back to blogging and writing other marketing content. I stopped querying agents during November and it's time to start again. I think I'll also make a run at some Indie publishers. Which means I need to work on queries, synopses and other marketing content.

What fun! NOT.

Maybe devoting December to marketing and promotion will make me less Grinchy at Christmas. Holiday festivities might come as a welcome relief!


Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment