Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Plan for 2010

The week before Christmas, as I was beginning to plan my January posts, I stumbled across this post at Pub Rants. I was intrigued by the question about Authonomy.com. About ten minutes later I ran across this contest announcement at Novel Journey.

I got all excited and decided that my writing plan for 2010 might be emerging, thanks to the randomness of the Internet. Maybe 2010 would be my year to get feedback by entering contests and putting my work out on sites like Authonomy.com. I probably will do some of that. I'm definitely going to participate in the ABNA competition, and I will more than likely check out Authonomy because I love the concept of putting writing out where readers can see it in the hope that the cream will rise.

However, this morning as I was finishing up my annual New Years Day journaling exercise, which is my annual life check-up, I thought I was doing just fine until I got to the very end. When I reread last sentence, I couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry. So I did both. It said:

Maybe I need to quit screwing around with writing romance and genre fiction and get down to the business of writing about what's really on my mind.

I'm guessing my plan for the year just shifted back to:
  • put butt in chair
  • put computer in lap
  • write.
Fortunately for me, that's what I like to do best anyway.

Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment