Sunday, January 24, 2010

Now that ABNA has arrived

The Adventures of Miss Maybelle is as ready as it's ever going to be (absent professional copy-editing) for the ABNA competition. Once I upload it in the morning, Maybelle's immediate fate will be temporarily out of my hands. I hope someone else will love her a fraction as much as I do.

Rather than sit around biting my nails for the next few weeks until they make the announcement about the cut for the first round, it's time to get back to work.

I am going to prepare Kisses & Lies for submission to Authonomy.com and spend some time every day drafting my new story, the working title of which is After the Fire. I will provide details on this story in upcoming posts.

I think that will keep me busy and out of trouble.

Meredith

4 comments:

  1. Wow, great writing plans going on here! I'm the same way, when I submit anything, be it a query letter of a submission to a journal, I like to have another project ready to dig into for the wait. Best wishes on making the 1st cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your good wishes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

    I have so many projects I want to undertake, it's hard to discipline myself to work only a couple at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Julie. You, too. I hope we both make it through to the second round at least.

    (I love your new picture.)

    ReplyDelete