Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Book Review: "The Courage to Write" by Ralph Keyes

Have you ever read a book and found yourself described on nearly every page?  Have you ever read a book that fired your imagination so much, you could only stand to read a little at a time because it gave you so much to think about? Have you ever read a book that, before you finished it the first time, you knew you would read it over and over? (This last question is directed only to "re-readers", which I understand is only a small subset of all readers.)

This was just such a book for me.  I was prepared to treasure it from the beginning because it was a gift which I blogged about at the time.  I savored every page as I read it.  Now, I keep it next to me when I'm writing -- for inspiration and encouragement.  So far I haven't needed to pick it up for consolation and/or butt kicking, but it's there when the day comes I need that, too.

I will make no attempt to describe the book further.  I will simply say: if you're a writer, read this book, and be prepared to laugh, cry and hide under the covers in shame.  If you're an aspiring writer, click over to Amazon.com right this minute and buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment