Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What's In This Blog for You??

"You" is supposed to be the most important word in a blog.  "You", Dear Reader, are supposed to be the focus of this blog. I'm supposed to give you something of value that you can't get anyplace else. I'm supposed to offer you something unique and worth spending your valuable time reading.

Some bloggers provide educational information: Writing Do's and Don't's;  Links to interesting sites; Topical commentary on the publishing world. All of that is great, and I enjoy a lot of those blogs.  I don't feel that I have the expertise to write anything like that.

What I offer here is Story.  Let's face it, my primary purpose in doing this in the first place is to publicize my novels, in the the hope that readers might buy them. Better still, I do it hoping that readers might actually read some of my stories and enjoy them. I don't do this for the money. (Fortunately for me!) I do it because I love stories and I want to share the ones I've written with other story-lovers. (I'll address the money part of it another time.)

In between shamelessly plugging my wares, I've been reviewing other authors novels. My decision to do that arises out of the same urge that causes me to pick up the phone or march into work and announce, "I just read the greatest book, you have to read it, too!" Story-lovers love to share stories.  Both those we may have had the privilege to write ourselves and those we've happened upon that were written by other writers.

That's what offer to you. I sincerely hope you find it useful, valuable, or at least worth stopping by now and then.

Thank you for being part of this adventure! 









No comments:

Post a Comment