Sunday, October 16, 2011

Link: An American Editor: "Privacy in the World of Silk"

Privacy in the World of Silk

I have generally chosen not to worry about privacy online, on the theory that there is truly no such thing. I try to assume that people can find out pretty much everything about me, if they're determined to do so.  (Just as burglars could break into my house if they wanted to.) I refuse to live in fear.

On the one hand, it is a little disconcerting to think that Amazon is going to filter all activity on these devices through Amazon's servers.

But, can't Google do more or less the same thing? I use gmail, blogger and google sites. Google is my primary search engine.  I have Droid phone. I sort of assume that Google knows everything there is to know about me.

Facebook is really scary in that it frequently suggests people I know in my "real" life as potential friends for my author-identity.  It must have some very powerful magic to make those connections.

I know I should be concerned about my privacy.  I guess.

But, I'd still consider buying a "Fire".  Because I have a thing about tech toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment