Sunday, December 30, 2012

About That Gal

A while back, I wrote a post about my tentative efforts to reconnect with the woman I was in my twenties.  That post didn't go viral on the internet, but it bored its way into my brain and my heart and I sort of launched a rescue mission aimed at saving that young woman.

I am not trying to turn back the clock and behave like a 20-something. (God forbid!! For one thing I can't stay up that late anymore.) It feels more like I'm welcoming back a part of myself that I have ignored and disrespected for decades. I am revisiting the attitude and perspective I had on life in my twenties. I find myself looking at my world through different (more optimistic and much less cynical) eyes. As a result, I feel more hopeful about my future than I have in a long time.

My younger self had a lot of potential back in her day. I'm hoping that by inviting her to join in the next leg of my life's journey, she will help me grow old with grace -- and sass.

No comments:

Post a Comment