Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Current Projects - An update

I have decided to enter The Adventures of Miss Maybelle in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award competition for 2010. I think it's the best thing I've written to date. I've finished a first draft and made two editing passes. Now Maybelle is cooling her heels in my writing folder for a while before the final revisions and polishing. In the meantime I will face the dreaded task of writing "The Pitch". That may take me longer than writing the novel itself! How do you boil down a whole novel into 300 words-or-less? Talk about developing writing skills!
*****


NaNoWriMo is just around the corner. In November, I'll be taking a break from blogging, editing and everything else in my life, except for my day job and the occasional snack or nap, to try to write a novel in a month. I did it last year on my first try. (Actually I've accomplished that feat several times over the past few years when I got seriously inspired, but only once during the official month of November.) This year I'm venturing into a new genre for me: I'm taking a crack at Fantasy. I can't wait to get started! Nothing is more fun than the adventure of starting a new story. It's even more exciting to start a story that is unlike anything I've tried before.
****

In the meantime, I'm working on final polishing for potentially self-publishing a love story/mystery called Baiting and Fishing. Accounting for time off for NaNoWriMo and ABNA, This one might be ready for sharing sometime early next year.

Stay tuned!

Meredith

2 comments:

  1. The Amazon contest is fantastic. Last year I won NaNoWriMo too. I wish you the best of luck this year (for both of your big endeavors)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good wishes.

    There are days when I wonder if I've lost my mind, but even if I have, I'm having too much fun to care.

    ReplyDelete