Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"Gone Fishin'"

It is summertime at the beach.  In approximately eight weeks my darling daughter, the light of my life, will be moving away from home.  I am trying to adjust to my new solo life.  I don't have the time or the money to take a regular vacation, but I'm going to eliminate as many obligations as I can for the summer. I want to read other writers' books.  I want to walk on the beach. I want to lounge by the pool.  I want to watch the Food Channel when I'm too tired or overwhelmed to do anything else. 

I don't want to blog or query agents.  I don't want to spend too much time writing new fiction: that keeps me inside and at the computer when I want to be outside in the fresh air and sunshine.

Therefore, I am declaring a blogging holiday.  I'm officially on vacation.  

I hope to be back in September, fired up and ready to park my butt in my chair and get back to business.   

No comments:

Post a Comment