Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pardon Our Dust

I have been unhappy with my personal website for a long time, but never took the time to do anything about it, because I didn't know what to do.

Blogging is fun and provides a lot of good information, but I find it hard to find things on blogs that have been around for a while. I also often feel as though I'm coming into a conversation in the middle and it takes me a while to figure out what it's about. I'm sure that my blog is turning into that kind of place.

Joanna Paterson at Confident Writing wrote a post this week about overhauling her website, with not only some good reasons for why it's a good idea, but also an instruction manual for how to do it. She inspired me to sit down and work on both my blog and my website. [The other things I was supposed to do today were to finish a project for my day job and clean the house. Well, between that and playing on the computer, it was a no brainer.]

The long range plan that appears to be emerging is to use my website to organize my blog archive.  I haven't exactly figured out how that's going to work, but we'll see. 

I welcome suggestions and feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment