Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

I don't know where the past year went!  It was a busy and productive year for me. I'm grateful to my readers and fellow authors who've given me so much encouragement along the way.

2012 is starting out with my back up against a wall as far as this blog goes. I typically write my blog posts and book reviews weeks in advance.  This fall I spent so much time writing new fiction and editing various works in progress, I got behind in writing blog posts, especially book reviews (mainly because I don't really like writing book reviews).  I love to say "hey, this is great, read it!"  I don't like critiquing the story.  I will continue to write reviews occasionally, because I think it's good for me to focus on what I like and don't like in other authors' work, with an eye towards avoiding pitfalls in my own writing. (It could happen.)  I don't know if I'll be able to keep up the pace of one a week, however. I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself about the blogging in order to free up as much time as possible for writing fiction.

In any case, today is the dawn of a new year, which I hope will bring with it new characters (both those who spring from my own imagination and those I read about in works by other writers) who will take me on new adventures.

I'd love it if you would come along. 




No comments:

Post a Comment