Friday, January 27, 2012

This Week's Best

Helena Ritchey hits another home run over a the Acorn Stash.  Important post for those putting Humpty together again.

Leo Babauta on Habits that Crush Us. I have always known that bad habits were coping mechanisms, but I thought my biggest enemy was fear.  I think Leo's has hit a strong chord. For me, personally,  Enemy Number One is Boredom. I like to tell people that I am never bored, and I'm not. I won't allow myself to ever sink into boredom.  Some of the methods I use, however, may need rethinking.

 A week or so ago, I was reviewing my queue of finished and in-progress works, and it occurred to me that perhaps I write too much. Too fast. Maybe I should concentrate on trying to write one really great novel, even if it takes me years, instead of turning out two or three a year. I was noodling on the question of whether to try to write less but better or continue to write about the things my heart wants to say. Then this article appeared in my inbox: Writing Secrets of Prolific Authors.  Turns out I'm not all that prolific after all!  I think I'll stick with what I'm doing, because it makes me happy. 

Ingrid Schaffenburg is my new guru. This is my year for dreaming new dreams. That sounds all lollipops and daffodils. Ingrid reminded me this week that it isn't quite that simple: The Year to Slay Your Dragons

I could spend my whole life reading blogs. But, then when would I write, or go to the grocery?

1 comment:

  1. Just saw this Meredith. Thank you so much for the mention :) Happy Dreaming!

    ReplyDelete