Wednesday, January 25, 2012

E-book Review: "The Book of Adam" by Robert M. Hopper

I'm conflicted about this book. I read it because a blogger I like indicated that it was thought provoking. It certainly is that. Human cloning was not something I had ever really thought about, but this book made clear to me what a nightmare it could be if it were to be done. (Which it no doubt will be at some point. Scientists seem to have the belief that because something can be done it should be done. I disagree.)

I didn't find the book particularly engaging as fiction nor were the characters especially sympathetic.  I also found it hard to follow because all the clones have the same names, with numbers behind them.

Maybe, because I'm not a big fan of science fiction, it didn't light me up the way it might do for someone who's into the technical stuff.

Nevertheless, it certainly is a good book for getting the brain wheels turning on a truly terrifying, but somehow fascinating subject.

The author's website is here. Buy it here on Smashwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment