Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Good Stuff

I have gotten behind in writing book reviews. I have so many books in my reading queue on my Kindle,  I have gotten into the habit of starting a new one before reviewing the one I just finished. That's because I'm downloading new e-books much faster than I can read them. In any case, I can't possibly review every e-book I like. I'm only going to review the ones that really blow me away.  The good news is that the stuff I'm running across from indie authors is so much better than I had been led to expect. I am kind of blown away by that fact alone.

So, today I'm going to share links to some sites that have been shiny enough to get my attention:

Because I am a totally dedicated and evangelical life-long learner, I think I could spend a lot of quality hours on Ted.com .  Recently I declared a pajama day on a Sunday and spent most of the day watching videos. This one by Shawn Achor is both entertaining and inspiring. It certainly was a message that I needed to hear at a time when I needed to hear it. I am battling negativity in several aspects of my life and I need all the help I can get. This video gives some specific tools for becoming more positive -- and happier.  I'll let you know if it works.

There's a lot of good advice for indie authors at Write if Forward.  More good writing advice and inspiration at Writing SpiritThe Writers [Inner] Journey and at Cat's Eye Writer.  Inspiration, affirmation, encouragement  and  beautiful writing at Novel Matters.

I ran across the National Association of Baby Boomer Women totally by accident.  It's a lot like BlogHer, but targeted more at older women. It speaks to me.

I love perusing The Acorn Stash because I never fail to find something that speaks to me in my current situation.

So now you know why I haven't written much lately: I've been too busy trolling the Internet for cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment